Saturday, February 19, 2011

21.

As the clock struck midnight, we sat at the dining table cheering for Y, who was frantically putting together his I-House application. I poured myself another glass of wine as he clicked the submit button at 12:00 a.m. exactly.
I spent the next two hours (my first three as a legal adult) reading birthday texts and talking to my favorite people on the phone. M slipped an adorable, home-made card under my door before quickly climbing the stairs to retreat to her bedroom. When I returned to the dining table, my friends had just revived an old pizza slice with the help of our toaster oven, and my glass had been filled with a bit of Bay Bridge Wine.

Happy Birthday to me (:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning bakefest!

A few of my favorite things.

And one of my favorite people with one of my favorite mugs.

Gluten-free muffins come out yellow, but they're delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment