Tuesday, August 2, 2011

(Home)sick.

After a long day at work, I came home to a box of lucky charms and little else to eat. As I caught up with my blogs, I let my hand wander in the depths of dog food and marshmallows.
The result: a half empty box of cereal and an upset stomach. The cigarette I smoked shortly after definitely did not help me feel better.

As I sought refuge and curled up on the couch (which has been my bed for the past month), all I could honestly wish for was the comfort of being home. I miss white rice, my father's hand-pickled vegetables served with complaints of a curfew constantly broken, and the curious nose of my little furball of a puppy.

Always sniffing around for hidden snacks. 
My baby.

Note to self: Go to Asian market tomorrow, eat healthy, plan a trip home.
love, c.

1 comment: