Monday, August 1, 2011

Sprouting.

I feel like I spent the past year underground, tangled in my own roots with nowhere to go. I had literally fallen to the very bottom of a pit, which was confusing, and most of all, frightening. At the same time, the world around me was moving so fast; I couldn't quite get up and running out of fear that I wouldn't be able to keep up. I found comfort in the stillness of the dark spot I had fallen into. 
However, I can happily say now that I've found some solid ground. It simply took time, and (as corny as it sounds) soul-searching to get back on my feet. I've always been a late bloomer, but I have come to terms with the fact that life will never, ever slow down. It will be difficult, but I'm simply going to have to do things at my own pace. Of course, there is ample room for failure. But as Milan Kundera says, happiness is the longing for repetition; and one thing that will stay constant in my life is the unconditional support of my wonderful family and friends. Thank you for being there, always. And I suppose a special thanks goes to the boyfriend for giving me the last shove in the (hopefully) right direction.
I'm going to be okay (:

On that note, I'll be off to deliver some milkshakes to my sweet-toothed friends. They've been waiting patiently at the apartment for hours.
Wishing the rest of the world a sweet, sweet summer full of sunshine and booty-thick 'shakes.

love, c.

No comments:

Post a Comment