Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Tomato red.

I often misplace my belongings, i.e. lip balm and vials of perfume, my ID and keys, glasses, etc. Most of the time, these things resurface after a short while. So when I realized I hadn't seen my old, but ever-so-trusty, pair of ear clip headphones when I came back to SD, I wasn't too worried. However, now that it has been almost three weeks into the school year, I have a sneaking suspicion that they won't be coming back. I suppose they could be hiding from me, and understandably so, as I had abused them for two years and threw them around from bags to boxes while I constantly moved this summer (and finally settled in I's living room after the third move). 
As much as I want to continue waiting for my darlings to come back, walking to and from class became pretty boring without any music. And as I jealously watched my peers walk around with their huge headphones for the past few weeks, I couldn't help but feel like they were keeping a tiny secret. I always wondered what kind of music was keeping them warm around their ears and heart that day. I'd also like to have a secret (one to share, of course). 
So two days after an Amazon.com search for a new pair of friends, they're finally here--and I love them. The fact that the tomato red matches my current nail color makes me feel that it was destiny (:
Tomorrow I can finally go to class while pacing my steps with a beat. I may boogie a bit.

Happy Hump Day, world!
love, c.

So pleased.
P.S. My secret is biggie smalls--all day, 'err day.

1 comment:

  1. I like them. saw you wearing them this weekend while we were studying. they almost match mine.

    ReplyDelete