Monday, November 7, 2011

A nice walk.

Parking on campus is free on the weekends, hoorah. But on Monday mornings at 8 a.m. sharp, officers begin to neatly place expensive tickets on your windshield, always accompanied by a hideously bright orange envelope. The only way to avoid this is to hang a little plastic parking permit on your rear-view mirror, but because I only use my car on the weekends, purchasing a $732 annual parking permit is certainly out of question. 
I often dread having to move my car off-campus on Sunday nights. Often times it is much too dark and cold to do alone, but also such a huge favor to ask of a roommate who is curled up cozily on the the couch. However, at the end of my Sunday, I always find myself enjoying the ten-minute walk back to my apartment after giving my car a kiss goodbye for the week. It gives me a moment to organize my mental planner, construct a to-do list or write fragments of a blog. Or to daydream.
Within the four walls of my room, my worries only linger and leave me feeling helpless. But while walking through the darkness back to the warmth of what I now call home, those thoughts escape. And I feel a little less frightened to combat in the war that is the Monday Blues.

Hope everyone starts their week on a good note (:
love, c.

No comments:

Post a Comment