Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hot and sour.

Please excuse the lack of updates! I've been quite busy with school, work, play, and being highly emotional about little things.
I'm really thankful for the new friends I have made this year. My flatmates are awesome, and so much more than I expected them to be. We've already had so many fun times together, and they've really been there for me when I needed support. It makes me sad to think that some of them must leave the U.S. after this school year, but I already feel that I have made friends for life.

Currently, I am sick, in the literal sense. My lymph nodes are tender and my joints ache.
I'm also quite home sick, maybe because I stayed home this Thanksgiving while my friends went home to have a feast with their loved ones. They came home glowing, with the kind of happiness that you can only emit after you've spent some time being pampered by family and old friends. I, too, am sporting a rosy glow, but from my mild fever. I must admit, it's a good look for the holiday season.

Lovely photos by A, again.

With C and M. (I adore my scarf, even if it looks like a neck brace)

With C, my favo. (P.S. smoking does not ease sickness)


I've been drinking hot lemonade for the past 24 hours in hopes that the C vitamins will act as a cure-all for all of my woes. I've been squeezing the life out of the lemons W generously brought back from her lemon tree at home. It kind of tastes like theraflu, which is appropriate for the occasion.

Theraflu-esque Hot Lemonade
Ingredients:
2 whole lemons, the sweeter the better.
Enough honey to cover the bottom of your cup, or more.
Hot water
More honey or agave to taste.

Directions:
1. Drizzle honey into the bottom of your cup/mug.
2. Slice lemons into wedges, squeeze juices into said cup/mug.
3. Use a strainer if you dislike pulp.
4. Use a spoon to scratch the pulp into the cup, if you're into that. (I'm into that.)
5. Pour hot water into cup.
6. Have a cheeky little taste; add more honey or agave to sweeten.
7. Sip slowly, and cozy up.

I haven't posted any recipes in a long time, sorry this one is such a messy one.
Hope the rest of the world feels nice and healthy--take care of yourselves, please.

love, c.

1 comment: