Thursday, November 3, 2011

Waiting for the day to change its course.

When I received my midterm back in my anthropology lecture today, I was embarrassed. I didn't want anyone to peek over my shoulder and see how many red marks lined up on my scantron, or how small and sad the numerator looked over the large, pompous denominator. And then I wandered over to the next campus to pick up my cell bio midterm, foolishly hoping that it would brighten up my day. Oh, how wrong I was. I sped back to my apartment on foot, popped a bag of popcorn, chomped through it until its butter coating made me nauseated, stripped down to my underwear and curled up in bed.

And here I am.

I feel sick. I devote 80% of my daily life to school, and I definitely spent an entire week studying for three midterms that all came back to tell me that none of that was enough. When is it ever, I guess. 
I want this to be over.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better now. Whenever you need to talk, went, brainstorm for our bookstore, just grab the sin sticks and I'll meet you at our regular spot.

    ReplyDelete