Saturday, March 31, 2012

Now you're just some Bobby that I used to know.

via ponysneeze
All jokes aside, I really like the Gotye+Kimbra song. It's so pretty, although its lyrics kind of hit close to home. But I guess that's the point of song lyrics, to be relatable, so it resonates through your body and your heart and you believe the emotions that are injected in you through the notes.
I drank a little tonight.

Speaking of drinking, I went out with L and A last night. We sat down for a nice bowl of pho. Well, I had a nice vermicelli noodle plate with egg rolls, as always. Sprinkled with basil leaf pieces, of course, since I can never get enough of those fragrant little herbs. A trip to Trad'r Sam quickly ensued, where the three of us shared a Scorpion Bowl. It tastes like a pina colada inoculated with a mega ton of different liquor (whilst still tasting delicious), and it's served in a bowl that could easily disqualify four people from the driver's seat. It's absolutely wonderful. After feeling plenty buzzed, our table was joined by three kind gentlemen looking for a place to sit. L received a job offer from one man, met a fellow cal bear and I received a nice hand massage.
Needless to say, it was a great evening. It felt so nice to be grown-up and back together with my old friends that have known me for years on end. Comfort at its best.

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend.
love, c.

1 comment: