Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer thoughts and sunshine.

Ce and I are currently staying at M's place that I'm subletting for the rest of summer. The past week has been a never-ending slumber party with good friends, beers, cider and home-cooked meals.

The time passes slowly but pleasantly here. We live amongst piles and piles of pillows in one corner, and red crates scattered across the floor filled with my belongings. It is a haven of sorts, from the sun, the time, the interweb and the pressure of productivity. 
Speaking of M, she left for camp this morning, which leaves Ce and I with a little hole in our hearts, in our now two-person living situation. M has really helped me think about the emotional and mental growth I've done in the past few months. I don't know any other woman who can navigate the world of metacognition so well; she's truly a spectacular human being, an old soul in all of her wisdom and most of all a really wonderful friend to have. I love you, and thank you for teaching me to love myself before others.


M packing for camp.
The rest of this afternoon will be dedicated to beer, chips and movie-watching. Then I'm off to a date!

Wishing everyone in the world a lovely start to the summer.
love, c.

No comments:

Post a Comment