Tuesday, July 10, 2012

To save the world, among other things.

It's too soon to tell, but I think this may be what I want to do with my future:


Sociology has been an enlightening field of study, to say the least. I've learned so much more about my world, which is simultaneously a wonderful and difficult place to live in. I leave my classes with new knowledge and angry thoughts about our education system and whether I'd trust it with my own future children, capitalism and whether I'm going to be unjustly exploited with a BA in humanities, excessive media influences that make us all feel awful about our bodies, the list goes on, but ultimately what am I going to do about it
Spread the word, first of all. It helps for myself and others to be aware. And second, I think I actually want to change things through government policies. I'm not sure I know what the occupation entails entirely.. I honestly don't know enough about anything yet to state anything specific, so I'll leave it at that. 
And now it is time for tea and my egg-avocado-bagel sandwich.

Tea time with my cups from China Town.
Happy Tuesday, everyone.
love, c.


No comments:

Post a Comment