Saturday, October 6, 2012

For the sake of research,

or out of sheer boredom, I made an okcupid account last night.

Browsing through the multitude of seemingly apathetic yet clearly effort-filled profiles has been interesting, to say the least. I had previously satisfied my stalking tendencies (and general nosiness concerning others' lives) via facebook, but a few years ago I had exhausted that as a hobby. Now I have an entire new world to discover with people of all ages and sexual orientations, a welcome change from the facebook world where everyone's lives are more or less moving along at the same pace as your own. I'd also like to note that these individuals are seeking not only hook-ups, but also people to hang out with--put simply, friendship. However, I realize that with more browsing and interacting with others, my initial perception of the word "friendship" is subject to change. 

Alas, I have joined the online dating world. Upon any discoveries, a research update shall ensue.

Happy weekend, world.
love, c.

P.S. Crossing my fingers for this next job application I'm about to drop off at the stationery store (:
P.P.S. Apparently there is a way to be successful at online dating. This is already getting a little ridiculous.

2 comments:

  1. http://blog.okcupid.com/ peruse, and enjoy, carobearo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was very very informative! thank you bbgirl (:

      Delete