Wednesday, October 17, 2012

They roll around every once in a while..

Today has been frustrating, to say the least. If I were dramatic, I would equate life today to a troubled toddler who cannot stop throwing tantrums everywhere you go. But alas, let me leave the drama elsewhere because as much as I'd like to rant about how my day hasn't gone well, I will not feel better by the end of it.
On days like these, my usual recourse would be a bit of ice cream and a no-pants party in my room, most likely with Usher (and friends in tow) as sweet company.
Unfortunately, I have no ice cream today.
Fortunately, I found another way to calm down a messy mind on a messy day--breathing. Simply taking a moment to plop down on the floor in silence and consciously letting the air move through your body does wonders to let things simmer down. Maybe you can do a few stretches, say nice things to yourself, let your mind know you have control and that you will be okay. It sounds awfully silly when it's written out this way. But worst case scenario, it doesn't work, and there will be no harm nor good done to you. Then I suggest a trip to the ice cream factory.

Wishing everyone a happy Club Wednesday.
love, c.


This gave me a chuckle, via?

4 comments:

  1. Ha! Such a good one liner there! I had to share it with some friends.

    I was taught that when frustrated, sit and be still. Sometimes just breathing and relaxing for a bit can make things feel a lot better. So far, it's working! Hope you had a good day otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I actually burst out laughing at work when I saw the bison joke. Pretty sure my co-workers think I'm psychotic now. :P

    I hope you're feeling much better today - it's always nice to just relax and breath when things get rough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad I gave you a chuckle and thanks, I'm feeling pretty wonderful this morning (:

      Delete
  3. Feel better soon! Watchem da Bob's borgorz

    ReplyDelete