Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Condragulations

I have spent the past few days watching RuPaul's Drag Race. Watching the show makes me feel foreign, yet kind of fuzzy and warm inside. In the show, everyone is just accepted the way they are, always. That one sentiment makes a world of a difference. RuPaul and the contestants are so nice to one another, and despite catty remarks it is clear they are good-hearted. The show has really made me question our society that ostracizes any human being that deviates from the ideal norm.
Those ladies do WORK. And I'm so happy that they found something that makes them truly happy and have decided to pursue it.
They're just a bunch of soulful people living it up, so why does anyone care to criticize that?

Anyway, I decided to put on all the makeup I have to see how much I could level with them.
I couldn't, at all. My makeup collection is much too small to accomplish even a percentage of the queens' beautiful looks.
I guess I know where a part of my next paycheck is going...

Now I just look like an azn club rat.

Amen!
love, c.

No comments:

Post a Comment